L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion // First Impressions

Leave a Comment
Happy Sunday! 


I hope that you're all having a great Sunday-funday and that you kick this weeks butt! Since I've been a bit MIA from my blog, I decided to jump back into the swing of things with a first impressions and review of the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion.


When I first saw this foundation concept, I was overly excited to try it. I had watched a few YouTube videos about the Lancome cushion foundation and had really wanted to try it. However, I wasn't overly keen on the price. Then when I saw L'Oreal was coming out with one I was over the moon. Again, until I saw the price. At most of my local drugstores the foundation works out to be around $25 CAD. The justification process in my head kept telling me I'd be better off buying a foundation that was just a little bit more expensive, but that I knew I liked from Sephora. That was until it finally went on sale for $15. 

My first thought other than price was the packaging. I'm truly in love with it. If you've been reading my blog for a while or following me on Instagram you may know that I'm obsessed with rose gold/copper. I also like that it's compact. Before I actually tried the product, I watched one of Jaclyn Hill's video where she uses the foundation in a makeup tutorial and I couldn't get over how amazing it looked.



For application, I decided to follow suit of Jaclyn and apply it with a brush as opposed to the powder puff that it comes with. I would highly recommend using a brush to apply it! I was so surprised that I liked the foundation when applied with a brush because ever since I fell in love with my beauty blender, I haven't really used anything else. However, I feel like the beauty blender absorbs too much of this particular foundation, so I have just been using it for concealer and to make sure everything is completely blended out.



Color Match//
In any foundation, I am almost always the lightest shade, shout out to all the red heads out there! With L'Oreal I find that sometimes picking a color can be a bit difficult because they're fairly yellow-toned and my skin is more on the pink side. I got the lightest shade for the Lumi Cushion, and it blends out so nice. It also gives my face a bit of sun-kissed color which I absolutely love.

As for the actual wear, I'm not sure if I have ever loved a foundation this much. I always have problems with my makeup either rubbing off or it getting dry. Neither has happened so far with this foundation. I have now been wearing it for almost two weeks and my foundation still looks flawless at the end of the day. The real test was wearing it on one of my night shifts and work, which is physically demanding. By the end of the shift, it didn't look like I had even worked up a sweat, which is incredible.

Before //




After //

 
It's also cleared up my skin. Before trying it my skin had been temperamental and just did not want to settle down for anything. Now I have very minimal breakouts.

I highly recommend trying this foundation especially if you've been struggling to find a foundation with lasting power!

Have you tried this foundation? What's your favorite foundation from the drug store/luxury brand? Let me know in the comments below! Thank you so much for reading, xo!

All the love,







** This is not a sponsored blog post. All opinions are my own. All pictures are my own.**
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig